Real Estate Licensing in BC
With Excel Realty Academy you obtain your Real Estate License FASTER!
- Make sure you meet the BC Real Estate Licensing Requirements.
- Register for the UBC Real Estate Course.
- Register for one of our Real Estate Tutoring Programs.
While obtaining your Real Estate License requires a lot of hard work, study, a challenging UBC Real Estate Exam, and a complex application process, the income and rewards are well worth the effort. Once you become a Realtor in BC, you will come to appreciate these procedures for your preparation and the Real Estate Training you gained.
The BC Real Estate Licensing Requirements to become a Real Estate Agent in BC are as follows:
Step One: Pre-Registration
The pre-registration process requires that all applicants be at least 19 years of age and of good reputation.
If you have concerns about what “good reputation” entails, please visit Real Estate Council of BC's website prior to registering for the Real Estate Licensing Course.
Step Two: Registration
After you are certain that your reputation and background are clear; i.e., no criminal background, you can register for the UBC Real Estate Licensing Course through the Sauder School of Business at the UBC. This step is mandatory for all those pursuing a Real Estate Career in BC.
The Real Estate Council of British Columbia’s also requires that you have achieved a diploma from a recognized university degree program at an accredited university, college or technical institute at which English is the primary language of instruction; if not, you must achieve level 7 or higher on each of the four components (reading, writing, speaking and listening) of the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program - General test (CELPIP-G test).
If you do not have university, college or technical institute diploma, then we suggest you pass the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program - General (CELPIP-G) test prior to registering for the UBC Real Estate Trading Services Course.
To learn about the UBC registration and other anticipated initial fees in Real Estate Licensing in BC follow the following LINK.
There are two ways to register at the Sauder School of Business:
- Call UBC Licensing Programs at 604-822-8444
- Register online at the Sauder School of Business (UBC).
Step Three: Coursework
After registration, you will receive the UBC course materials in the mail. When you register, please remember to purchase/order the HP10bii financial calculator for an additional fee of approximately $60 on your UBC application form.
The coursework requirements for the UBC Real Estate Exam consist of the following:
- 20 assignments with 400 questions total, to be completed within one year.
- Satisfy the Real Estate Council of BC’s English Language Proficiency Requirement.
- Completion of a 100-multiple-choice-question exam within two years, which takes three hours and requires a passing grade of at least 70%.
- One regularly scheduled paper exam. (Computer exams carry an additional course fee of $125).
Give us a call at 604-669-6909 — we are ready to assist you with our
100% Money Back Guarantee programs (details are on our homepage).
How Long to Obtain My Real Estate License?
Since we believe in transparency, it is important to note that while our Real Estate Tutoring Classes will prepare you for the UBC Real Estate Exam in 3 or 6 weeks, it takes longer than that to actually obtain your Real Estate License. The minimum period for this is 11 to 14 weeks, often longer.
Here is a breakdown of typical time table:
- UBC Real Estate Course registration: 3 – 4 days
- UBC does NOT allow scheduling the exam until 10 weeks pass: 10 wks.
- Real estate tutoring program: 3 – 6 wks.
- Preparation for the mock exam/review class: 2 – 3 wks.
- Practicing the mock exams: 2 – 4 wks.
- UBC Exam Scheduling: 3 – 5 days
- Choosing a brokerage, background check and application review: 2 – 3 wks
- Post UBC exam "Applied Practice Course": 2 weeks of training to obtain a Temporary Real Estate License. Plus an additional 4 1/2 months to become a fully Licensed Real Estate Agent.
As you can see, the entire process to obtain a BC Real Estate License takes a fair bit of time, even accounting for our 3 – 6 week Real Estate Tutorial Program shaving some time off for you.
Attempting to do the UBC correspondence course all on your own, may take a full year before you are ready to take the Real Estate Licensing Exam.
Most people who choose to self-study the UBC Real Estate Correspondence Course, are overwhelmed by the vast amount of information they have to master on their own. This includes a textbook of 850 pages to study, 20 assignments with 400 questions to submit, and 1,000 questions to understand fully. Without knowing which concepts are important and which are not, many people end up losing valuable time by studying aimlessly instead of making use of our professional tutorial help.
We will help you to pass the UBC exam much sooner, receive your in-brokerage sales training, and enable you to start trading real estate much sooner.
● To see the details of what's included in our program and our fee visit "Our Programs" page.
● To see our program schedule visit "Course Schedule" page; both under "Our Services" tab.
Useful Links for Your Real Estate Career